What are my desires? I’ve honestly forgotten….

Why can’t I experience more generosity in my life. The same generosity I’ve always loved giving to others. The same generosity that has allowed me to give my last. The same generosity that has allowed me to give something, even when I had nothing. We all have desires, we’re human, and giving has always brought joy to my life. So it’s confusing why my desires are always forced into suppression.

My desires are like a group of beautiful roses, trapped inside a box that’s been buried underground. These roses are constantly searching for water, stretching their roots against the walls of the box, only to remain disappointed. Eventually they begin to shrivel, die, and then finally decay.

I’m extremely grateful for everything I have, especially knowing there’s people with much less out there. I guess I was given the role of generosity for a reason, which is ironic because I never have much to give. I just can’t wait to meet someone who loves to give away keys to a box of desires the same way I do….

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “What are my desires? I’ve honestly forgotten….

1. iwannabealady says:

This is really lovely, in a sad way. It does seem like the most generous tend to be the ones with less. Maybe having less to give breeds understanding- not in everyone, but in special ones. You may not even know the joy, light, hope that you bring to others. You probably don’t know how often you’ve crossed someone’s mind and they’ve smiled inside. I hope you find the generosity you seek. It sounds like you’re overdue. The universe will reward you.

Liked by 3 people

2. Ana P. Rose says:

I love this. I feel that I can relate. Sometimes something simple as being there for someone, being present, & giving them your time is the best you/we can do. Sometimes more. But it’s true, at times, when it’s their turn, they can’t /won’t return it. But I’ve learned something and tell myself this… Next time you do something nice, expect nothing. And don’t expect them to remember for long. Not to think the worse but to simply do and forget,continue with the generous actions for the next person. I hope this makes sense. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒน

Liked by 2 people

3. rabbitpatchdiary.com says:

I do hope you experience generosity from someone else-but I tell you it truly is more blessed to give-there is what some folks call karma-the Bible tells us to “cast our bread . . ” It is true and will show up. I always tell my sons, that we give, not for anything else other than giving. It is difficult when someone does not feel grateful, but it really is not our problem. Go well and give, as the Father is pleased with this-and I know He will bless you and keep ypu. Your entire blog is a giving act for all of us.

Liked by 2 people

4. theponderingkitten says:

I love the concept of this whole blog, each and every section.
    It’s an amazing initiative and truly an eye opener to read stories of people who have been suppressed, underpriviledged, faced struggles in their lives.
    Really, much admired work.

Liked by 1 person

5. Dewy says:

In giving we receive . I found that out when I started volunteering . In giving my time I received endless chats, laughter and well it gets me out of bed on days that I just want to stay in.
    You donโ€™t need to always give money . It can be a smile , encouraging words or time. Youโ€™re already inspiring us all with your blog ๐Ÿ˜Š

Liked by 1 person

6. AraiyaSnow says:

I also relate to this post as I felt this keenly during my first year of college being away from friends who I try to give whatever I can to. I found that their reciprocation wasn’t as strong as I had hoped but I still want to make them happy and be there for them although I feel it only hurts when I don’t receive the same or nearly the same generosity or feedback. Thank you for this post!

Liked by 1 person

7. Jael Sook says:

I’ve discovered that being generous often does more for me, than for the person I’m intent on blessing–great joy fills my heart. And I’m not financially wealthy–I’m in the very low income bracket; however my heart and soul are rich. I learned that when I give from whatever little I have, God blesses me abundantly. He fed a whole crowd from 2 fish and a small loaf of bread, and He still authors and blesses generosity today. Doing good is always the right thing to do, and God will never forsake His righteous kids, or let them go hungry. May He bless you today ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person